RazoRock Mamba 53 DE Safety Razor
RazoRock Mamba 53 Double-Edge Safety Razor
The RazoRock Mamba 53 is the ultimate mild safety razor, perfect for people seeking an ultra-safe and gentle shave, especially for those with softer facial hair. If you are looking for a more aggressive Mamba we also sell the Mamba 70 which has more blade gap and exposure.
Why you would want the RazoRock MAMBA 53:
- Best build quality in the business. CNC milled from 316L stainless steel billet to tolerances of two thousands of an inch, no other manufacturer compares, no blade fiddling and perfect blade alignment every time!
- Price! Similar quality CNC machined stainless steel razors sell for 4 times the price
- Built for a LIFETIME of use. Unlike inexpensive cast alloy razors, the MAMBA is built to last forever! Buy it once, buy it right!
- 316L stainless steel is marine grade and is very resistant to staining and rusting
- Designed for safety, the MAMBA is perfect for quick and safe daily shaves, some reviewers tell us it's even safer to use than a cartridge razor!
- Perfect for Head Shaving. The safety of the MAMBA design is unmatched and this means you can even safely head shave with it.
- The MAMBA makes the perfect gift, how many gifts last forever and get used every single day. The MAMBA is a gift that will never be forgotten.
The name "MAMBA" was chosen because like it's namesake, the Black Mamba snake, the goal of this razor is to inflict pain and suffering on our competitors (future victims) in the safety razor market! :) You'll see what I mean very soon! Also, like the Black Mamba, the RazoRock Mamba is designed for speed and efficiency. The unique head design allows for faster shaving, without fear of being bitten!
The RazoRock Mamba head is precisely CNC machined from 316L stainless steel billet in Ontario, Canada, on a state-of-the-art five-axis machine that was purchased for over half a million dollars in the spring of 2017. How precise is precise? Two-thousandths of an inch! If you are familiar with our RazoRock Wunderbar Slant, you will already know that no other razor in the marketplace is machined to such a precise tolerance. Each Mamba head will come individually serial numbered, that's how serious we are taking these razors! Our machinist is Swiss-Canadian and frankly, I have never met another machinist that takes precision so seriously.
The handle on the Mamba is a new and unique design. CNC turned out of 316L stainless steel rod and comes with a hidden element of adjust-ability.
Why have we chosen to use 316L stainless steel? We could have used 304 or even 303 stainless steel, it would have saved us on material cost and substantially cut down on machining cost and time, but, we want these razors to last a lifetime (or many) and we chose to spend more money on a marine-grade stainless steel that can better endure against any rust or tea staining. You are a RazoRock client and you deserve the best for your hard-earned money.
In order to maintain such precision in the finished product, we have purchased a special machine that puts the parts through a 24 hour, 3 stage finishing process that ensures the machining tolerances will not change during finishing, something that hand polishing cannot achieve. The goal with the RazoRock Mamba was to create a shaving tool that has no equal in terms of precision and is built to last a lifetime.
I feel a little bad for our competitors because once someone uses the RazoRock Mamba they will never want to use another inferior built razor again, it's going to put a world of hurt on all those cast, pot metal, chrome razors, that sold so well for so long, the Mamba is going to take a venomous lethal BITE out of these victims ... hopefully, they have the antidote! HISS! :)
Finish: Please note, these razors are tools, not jewels. We use a vibratory tumbling finish process which maintains the highest possible tolerances for the razors. This means the razors will not be mirror finished and will not be mark-free. The razors may have some milling marks or finishing marks. The razors can always be jewelry polished by the client later but our goal is to sell the razor at the best possible tolerances and lowest possible price. The metal-on-metal contact from the handle locking against the base-plate will create a ring mark on the base. It's common for handles to have micro dents from the tumbled finish.
PRO TIP: With razors like the Mamba, where the blade alignment pins are on the base/guard plate, load the DE blade onto the base/guard plate and then put on the top cap. See the last two photos on the left hand side for a visual.
Weight: 3.2 oz (~91 grams)
Blade Gap: 0.53 mm
Blade Exposure: ~0 to -0.01mm (I say roughly because of blade width variances)
Material: 316L Marine Grade Stainless Steel
Handles Diameter x Length:
- 2-Piece Halo, 12 mm x 83 mm (15 mm Removable Butt End), ~2.2 oz weight
- Barber Pole, 12 mm x 85 mm (15 mm Butt End), ~2.6 oz weight
- Knurled Radio Knob, 12 mm x 85 mm (15 mm Butt End), ~2.7 oz weight
- Super Knurl, 13 mm x 90 mm, ~2.9 oz weight
- Bamboo, 13 mm x 90 mm, ~2.3 oz weight
Finish: 3 stage, 24 hour, machine vibratory finish. It's important to note that our finish is designed to de-burr and make the pieces smooth with minimum effect on machining tolerances. It's a took-like finish and not a mirror-type high polish; each piece is unique (no two pieces will be identical). We don't believe in hand polishing our machined safety razors because it's self-defeating. We spend so much time and effort getting the tolerances tight, a hand polish will just ruin these tolerances. We would rather give you a quality took-like finish at a great price and leave it up to you if you want to put a jewelry type polish or gun-kote at the razor later at additional cost.
Other Details: each razor is engraved with a unique serial number.