RazoRock SS Lupo 72 Double-Edge Razor
RazoRock Stainless Steel Lupo 72 Double-Edge Razor (Safety Bar)
PROUDLY MADE IN ONTARIO, CANADA
The original RazoRock Lupo was such a hit with our clients that we decided it was time to create a "gen two" version milled from marine-grade stainless steel. We listened to your feedback from the aluminum Lupo and took it to the design board to come up with a razor that is even better! The three most popular suggestions were; a) You wanted the razor to be able to rest on the side of its head while still keeping the guard width the same as the width of the blade for excellent maneuverability; b) You wanted more optionality in terms of aggression, and; c) Many of you suggested a scalloped bar would add a nice aesthetic touch!
We delivered on all three suggestions and now the RazoRock SS Lupo is NOW available in FIVE different versions,
- Lupo 58 - a 0.58 mm safety bar
- Lupo 72 - a 0.72 mm safety bar
- Lupo 95 - a 0.95 mm safety bar for those seeking a lot more aggression and efficiency
- Lupo OPEN COMB 95 - a 0.95 mm Open Comb for those seeking a lot more aggression and efficiency - Same gap and exposure as Safety Bar 95 but will be slightly more aggressive due to the Open Comb design
- Lupo DC - a 0.72/0.95 dual-comb version which offers a medium-aggressive open comb side and a more aggressive safety bar side.
Finish: Please note, these razors are tools, not jewels. We use a vibratory tumbling finish process that maintains the highest possible tolerances for the razors. This means the razors will not be mirror finished and will not be mark-free. The razors may have some milling marks or finishing marks. The razors can always be jewelry polished by the client later but our goal is to sell the razor at the best possible tolerances and lowest possible price. The metal-on-metal contact from the handle locking against the base-plate will create a ring mark on the base. It's common for handles to have micro dents from the tumbled finish.
Head Weight: ~26 g (0.92 oz)
Handle Diameter x Length and Handle Weight:
- Bulldog, 13 mm x 90 mm, ~2.8 oz weight
- Super Knurl, 13 mm x 90 mm, ~2.9 oz weight
- HD, 13 mm x 82 mm (14 mm Butt End), ~2.6 oz weight
- UFO, 13 mm x 85 mm, ~2.3 oz weight
- Bamboo, 13 mm x 90 mm, ~2.3 oz weight
- Barber Pole, 12 mm x 85 mm (Approx. 14 mm Butt End), ~2.6 oz weight
- Titanium Halo, 13 mm x 100 mm, ~1.7 oz weight
*NOTE: If you are buying the Base Plate ONLY option for $37.99 USD, you will need to already have a Top Cap from this version of the Lupo. The Base Plates are not intended to be used with aluminum Lupo Top Caps or Taps Caps from the older DLC Lupo.
Blade Gap: 0.72 mm
Blade Exposure: Positive
Material: 316L Marine Grade Stainless Steel
Build: Fully CNC machined
Finish: 3 stage, 24 hour, machine vibratory finish. It's important to note that our finish is designed to de-burr and make the pieces smooth with minimum effect on machining tolerances. It's a tool-like finish and not a mirror-type high polish; each piece is unique (no two pieces will be identical). We don't believe in hand polishing our machined safety razors because it's self-defeating. We spend so much time and effort getting the tolerances tight, a hand polish will just ruin these tolerances. We would rather give you a quality tool-like finish at a great price and leave it up to you if you want to put a jewelry type polish or gun-kote at the razor later at additional cost.
Other Details: Each razor is engraved with a unique serial number.
Blades: The Lupo 72 uses any standard double-edge blade(Blades sold separately). If you are unsure which blade to buy, try one of our blade samplers. Click HERE to see all the options and then just click the BACK button to get back to this page.