RazoRock Mamba 70 Safety Razor
Why you would want the RazoRock MAMBA:
- Best build quality in the business. CNC milled from 316L stainless steel billet to tolerances of two thousands of an inch, no other manufacturer compares, no blade fiddling and perfect blade alignment every time! The handle on the Mamba 70 is machined from Grade 2 titanium.
- Price! Similar quality CNC machined stainless steel razors sell for 3-4 times the price. You will not find better value anywhere.
- Built for a LIFETIME of use. Unlike inexpensive cast alloy razors, the MAMBA 70 is built to last forever! Buy it once, buy it right!
- 316L stainless steel is marine grade and is very resistant to staining and rusting, as is the Grade 2 titanium handle.
- Perfect for Head Shaving. The safety of the MAMBA 70 design is unmatched and this means you can even safely head-shave with it.
- The MAMBA 70 makes the perfect gift, how many gifts last forever and get used every single day. The MAMBA is a gift that will never be forgotten!
- The MAMBA 70 uses stardard Double-Edge razor blades which cost as little as $0.05/each! Stop wasting money on $3-4 plastic cartridge razors that go straight into our landfills.
The RazoRock Mamba head is precisely CNC machined from 316L stainless steel billet in Ontario, Canada, on a state-of-the-art five axis machine that was purchased for over half a million dollars in the spring of 2017. How precise is precise? Two thousandths of an inch! If you are familiar with our RazoRock Wunderbar Slant, you will already know that no other razor in the marketplace is machined to such a precise tolerance. Each Mamba head will come individually serial numbered, that's how serious we take these razors! Our machinist is Swiss-Canadian and frankly I have never met another machinist that takes precision so seriously.
The handle on the Mamba 70 is a new and unique design. CNC turned out of Grade 2 titanium rod, this special new 100 mm handle gives the Mamba 70 the perfect balance in your hand.
Why have we chosen to use 316L stainless steel and titanium? We could have used 304 or even 303 stainless steel, it would have saved us on material cost and substantially cut down on machining cost and time, but, we want these razors to last a lifetime (or many lifetimes) and we chose to spend more money on a marine grade stainless steel and grade 2 titanium that can better endure against any rust or tea staining. You are a RazoRock client and you deserve the best for your hard earned money.
In order to maintain such precision in the finished product, we have purchased a special machine that puts the parts through a 24 hour, 3 stage finishing process that ensures the machining tolerances will not change during finishing, something that hand polishing cannot achieve. The goal with the RazoRock Mamba was to create a shaving tool that has no equal in terms of precision and is built to last a lifetime. Keep in mind, if want a mirror-like jewelry finish, or a gun-kote coating, you can always do that after but we personally don't advice the mirror finish because you risk ruining the tolerances.
I feel a little bad for our competitors because once someone uses the RazoRock Mamba 70 they will never want to use another inferior built razor again, it's going to put a world of hurt on all those cast, pot metal, chrome razors, that sold so well for so long, the Mamba is going to take a venomous lethal BITE out of these victims ... hopefully, they have the antidote! HISS! :)
PRO TIP: With razors like the Mamba, where the blade alignment pins are on the base/guard plate, load the DE blade onto the base/guard plate and then put on the top cap. See the last two photos on the left hand side for a visual.
~2.8 oz (with Titanium Halo Handle)
~3.6 oz (with Barber Pole Handle)
Blade Gap: 0.70 mm
Blade Exposure: ~0 to +0.01 mm (I say roughly because of blade width variances)
Material: 316L Marine Grade Stainless Steel
Titanium Halo Handle: Grade 2 Titanium (13 mm x 100 mm length)
Barber Pole Handle: 316L SS (12 mm x 85 mm length, 14mm butt end)
Blades: The Mamba 70 uses any standard double-edge blade. If you are unsure which blade to buy, try one of our blade samplers. Here is a link for you: https://www.italianbarber.com/collections/sampler-packs
Finish: 3 stage, 24 hour, machine vibratory finish. It's important to note that our finish is designed to de-burr and make the pieces smooth with minimum effect on machining tolerances. It's a tool-like finish and not a mirror-type high polish; each piece is unique (no two pieces will be identical). We don't believe in hand polishing our machined safety razor heads because it's self-defeating. We spend so much time and effort getting the tolerances tight, a hand polish will just ruin these tolerances. We would rather give you a quality took-like finish at a great price and leave it up to you if you want to put a jewelry type polish or gun-kote on the razor later at additional cost. If you are looking for a gun-kote, we have used Delta Echo Razors in the past and the results were very good.
Other Details: each razor is engraved with a unique serial number.
Be sure to check out our DE blade sampler packs here: